Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Lwala Community Alliance
Title: Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Reports to: Ash Rogers, Executive Director
Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) is a community-led innovator proving that when communities lead, change is drastic and lasting.
Lwala village, a small community in rural western Kenya, founded the organization as a response to extreme health challenges. The region experiences some of the highest HIV, maternal mortality, and infant morality rates in East Africa. As such, community members built their area’s first health center.
From these humble beginnings, we are now the largest provider of health services for a population of over 30,000. The work extends far beyond the original hospital as we support communities in their homes, schools, and farms to advance their own comprehensive well-being. We address the complex causes of poor health through a multi-dimensional strategy, which engages community members in driving their own change.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager, is an extension of the ED, whose purpose is to make the ED a better, faster, stronger, and more effective leader by creating capacity for her to focus on the most important things and to serve as a sounding board in important situations. The Executive Assistant oversees Nashville-based interns and supports donation processing, bookkeeping and HR processes and may be exposed to sensitive organization information others on the team may not be privy to.
Assist Executive Director:
- Manage ED’s workflow and priorities by managing his/her calendar and anticipating steps ahead
- Provide ED leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities and so on
- Support organization of team meetings and take notes as needed
- Track, communicate and arrange travel for ED
- Coordinate board meeting logistics and board book compilation
- Provide frontline email support for all ED correspondence to ensure priority correspondence is being tended to and other email is delegated as appropriate
- Assist in research and preparation for conferences
- Manage donor database
- Process donor payments and monthly donations
- Assist with mailings and special campaigns
- Coordinate, track and mail donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist with special events
- Facilitate monthly wire transfer, pay invoices, cut checks, pay credit card balances
- Process payroll with support of payroll company
- Support reconciliation of donor database with accounting records
- Ensure registrations, certificates, insurance policies, and other forms of compliance are up to date
- Supervise Nashville-based interns and volunteers
- Open, sort, and track incoming mail correspondence
- Oversee human resource functions for US staff of four: policies, health insurance, retirement program, compliance, etc.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist in all aspects of general office coordination
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, errand running, purchasing, printing, copying, mailing.
**Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in relevant field preferred
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of office work experience, preferably in an Executive Assistant or Office Manager role
- Ability to manage multiple task with varying deadlines
- Experience working with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software and running donor queries preferred
- Detail and task-oriented
- Optimistic, ambitious, and high-energy
- High level of patience, with ability to quickly react to unexpected priorities
- Demonstrated interest or background in international development and justice issues
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Please send the following to Helen Chalmers at email@example.com:
• Current CV/resume
• Letter of Interest detailing related skills and experience
• 3 professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and relationship to the applicant
- Position available at 20+ hours, with option for a full-time, salaried role
- Applications will be accepted until the position in filled
You can help us sustain our existing programs and roll out further initiatives by making a donation now.